Bride & Co, the leading bridal, special occasions and mens' formal wear business in SA, is recruiting for an Assistant Manager at their Crescent, Umhlanga store in Durban.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Achieve sales targets and store profitability
- Oversee the entire running of the sales and casual staff and ensure individual targets are being met
- Ensure casual wage/salary budgets are being met
- Ensure daily cash ups are completed and accurate
- Ensure all sales and financial figures are reported on daily basis
- Any discrepancies must be investigated and appropriate action taken
2. Stock control
- Ensure consultants are vigilant in controlling their allocated sections
- Ensure all transactions processed on the system are accurate and correct
- Ensure daily sectional counts are accurate and variances are report to Head of administration
- Movement of stock between stores or support office is to be documented at all times.
- Investigate stock discrepancies, implement controls needed to minimize stock losses
- Ensure that change room controls are in place
- Ensure that security checks are happening and no stock is leaving the store without the invoice being checked
3. Sales and Customer Service
- Maintain relationships with customers and aim to ensure new customers visit the store through referrals
- Team members to greet all customers on entering the store
- Team members to wear a name badge at all times
- To sort out customer complaints in a professional manner
- Ensure that all customers are being attended to correctly and in a professional, courteous manner
- Identify opportunities to further optimize sales and liaise with the Marketing Department to facilitate this
- Assist with decor and refreshments for promotional events held in store
- Ensure store and windows are visually appealing at all times
- Ensure customer queries are dealt with timeously and professionally
- Follow up with all customer queries/requests etc.
4. Staff Management
- Manage all sales staff as well and casuals
- Ensure teas and lunch rosters are drawn up daily/weekly and adhered to
- Ensure consultants sections are neat, tidy and organized at all times
- Ensure that all consultants are following up on customer requests
- All staff related issues, including disciplining staff, ensuring uniforms are worn, rosters, leave days, etc
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are in place and constantly maintained
- Conduct staff training on computer usage, product knowledge, sales techniques, telephone manner, how to give the best possible service and any other area where training may be needed in order for the store to run smoothly and for the customers to be satisfied
- Facilitate early morning training sessions
- Lead, motivate and mentor the team of staff to deliver excellent customer service
•Implement systems and procedures where needed
5. Staff training
•Conduct training sessions on product knowledge, sales techniques, telephone manner and any other areas needing attention
•Ensure modules are continuously evaluated and monitored to ensure training is effectively reinforced
•Ensure early morning training sessions are being conducted
•Ensure store is merchandised correctly, and that this is checked on a daily basis. This includes all displays, windows and promotions held in store
•Ensure daily checklist is being utilized and all tasks are completed timeously
•Managers are responsible to close a perfect store daily.
7. Housekeeping and maintenance
•Housekeeping and cleanliness of the store is seen to daily
•Conduct daily "walk the floor" duties as listed separately
•Ensure all cupboards, fitting rooms and back areas of the store are neat and tidy
•Ensure staff departments are maintained according to company standards at all times as well as fitting room.
•Attend stock takes when required whether during the week or weekends or overtime
•You may be transferred to other stores within the Company to assist with back logs of working, at Management's discretion. The transferred shops will be within the province where you live.
•To accept all other duties as specified by your Superior. Please note that your duties may vary from time to time and that you shall be required to comply with any reasonable request made of you during working hours.
•You are expected to be on time each day and to make every effort at all times to carry out your duties in a spirit of good will, co-operation and enthusiasm.
•Strong leadership skills
•Excellent communication skills
•Computer literate with e-mail, excel spreadsheets and point of sale
•Well organized and methodical
•Attention to detail, sound analytical skills
•Understanding of budgets, targets, mark ups and expenses
•HR and IR knowledge
•Be able to make decisions and take responsibility when the Brand Manager is off