City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd is a residential and commercial property management company that has been operating since 1968 with their headquarters in Pretoria and a supporting office in Johannesburg. City Property transforms buildings and injects fresh vitality into our inner cities. We provide sophisticated, modern and cosmopolitan retail spaces, offices, warehouses and apartments that ensure that those who live and work in the CBD enjoy the best South Africa's cities have to offer.
A Commercial Property Management Department in Johannesburg has a position for a Credit Controller. If you believe you meet the requirements for this position then we would appreciate your application.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Managing tenant accounts
- Follow up and collect all outstanding monies from current and ex-tenants who are in arrears
- Negotiate payment arrangements
- Provide statements to relevant parties when required
- View banking unallocated and suspense accounts for payments received with incorrect reference numbers and send correct information to banking
- Calculate assessment rates and send to the stakeholder (Key Accounts)
- Provide feedback on arrears as required
- Ensure that all files handed over to Legal are accurate and complete
- Resolving tenant queries (e.g. account reconciliation, assessment rates, utilities etc.)
- Send out the appropriate default letters
- Blacklist all tenants as per company policy
- Update the notes on the arrears report daily
- Ensure that all instructions are issued timeously where adjustments to tenant accounts are to be made.
- Update and correct tenant information as required
- Reconcile credit balance accounts to make sure that they are correct
- Check the rent-roll reconciliation report on a monthly basis.
- Attend to tenant cases including CRM cases timeously & effectively.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Property Manager regarding problematic tenants
The Successful candidate should possess a Matric qualification with Accounting as a subject and a minimum of 2 - 3 years relevant experience:
- Financial qualification preferred
- Basic Accounting knowledge and understanding of reconciliation- Essential
- Knowledge of MDA Property System Software - Desirable
- Good communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
The successful candidate is expected to answer to the following:
- Strong numerical ability - Reconciliation skills
- Able to work confidently and independently within the framework provided
- A systematic approach to work is required as well as being firm but fair
- A team player - able to build strong working relationships, both internal and external to the Company.
- Analytical skills in problem solving