City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd is a residential and commercial property management company that has been operating since 1968 with their headquarters in Pretoria and a supporting office in Johannesburg. City Property transforms buildings and injects fresh vitality into our inner cities. We provide sophisticated, modern and cosmopolitan retail spaces, offices, warehouses and apartments that ensure that those who live and work in the CBD enjoy the best South Africa's cities have to offer.
The Commercial Leasing Department in Johannesburg has a position for a Leasing Agent. If you believe you meet the requirements for this position then we would appreciate your application.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Timeous and professional attendance to all incoming leasing enquiries and walk-in customers.
- Prepare all the required lease documentation accurately and timeously and present to prospective tenant for required signatures.
- Obtain approval on leasing deals from Portfolio Managers and/or relevant Manager according to Signature of Delegated Authority (SODA).
- Attend Business Approval Meeting to present leasing deals for approval according to SODA regulations.
- Follow up on all deals and provide feedback to the relevant Manager.
- Attend all required meetings to provide timeous feedback on all active leads.
- Ensure all leasing enquires on the CRM system are managed and resolved within the required time frame.
- Communicate specific and special leasing requirements to all relevant stakeholders.
- Showing prospective tenants vacant units.
- Viewing prospective tenants current premises.
- Reduce vacancies in order to increase long- term income.
- Ensure all reports, correspondence & proposals are done accurately and professionally.
- Follow business processes in terms of tenant installation requirements.
- Hand over the premises to tenants once the deal approval process has been successfully completed.
- Handover ownership of the tenant to the relevant Property/Portfolio Manager as soon as the tenants starts trading.
- Identify possible leads through market investigations and cold calling.
- Be familiar with all buildings & vacancies in the portfolio to ensure that appropriate tenants are placed for the market and area.
- Provide feedback to Property Managers regarding any concerns that will have an impact in the letting of vacancies.
- Rigorously canvass and offer premises to potential tenants for suitable available space.
The Successful candidate should possess a Matric, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Sales or Leasing:
- Estate Agencies Affairs Board Competency Certificate (NQF Level 4) required.
- Registration with the Estate Agent Association Board required.
- Diploma or tertiary qualification preferred.
- Code 08 Driver License required.
- MS Office:
- MS Word - Basic
- MS Excel - Basic
- MS Outlook - Basic
- Basic knowledge of MDA required.
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint required.
- Proficiency in English required
The successful candidate is expected to answer to the following:
- Ability to operate under pressure, must be energetic, fast an accurate worker who is results and target driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Good people skills, assertiveness and attention to detail
- Business writing skills as well as good telephone etiquette
- A strong grasp and understanding of numbers.
•Must be a self-starter with a huge sense of accountability who can work under minimum supervision