Nkangala Ditrict Municipality invites applicants to apply for a Community Service role.
- Performing inspections of specific premises: undertakers, offensive trades, hairdressers, places of entertainment, recreational facilities, resorts, child-care establishments, hostels
- Preparing monthly MHS reports.
- Conducting general inspections of residential and business premises in response to EH related complaints received.
- Perform routine monitoring and sampling of water sources
- Enforcement of MHS by-laws and other relevant legislations.
- Conduct environmental education and awareness campaigns within the local jurisdiction.
- Investigating complaints regarding noise disturbance and monitor levels thereof.
- Preparing and serving notices, letters, reports, etc, according to environmental health legislations.
- Conduct food premises inspections.
- Monitoring waste management within the local jurisdiction.
- Monitoring the exhumation and reburial or disposal of human remains
- Scrutinising building plans and report comments
- Providing health education and instructions during inspections
- Issue Certificate of Compliance or Acceptance in accordance with applicable legislation
- Investigating outbreaks/incidences of food borne diseases (infections and poisonings)
- Attend meetings, Training, workshops or conferences
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Completed Environmental Health (EH) curriculum.
- Registration with Professional bodies as Environmental health student at HPCSA.
- Good computer skills and completed all EH experiential training.
• Applicant must be unemployed and resides within Nkangala district Municipality.