Paid Search Manager - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastestgrowing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrantand booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businessesto flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented peoplewith a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark onour exciting journey.
- Responsible for operational success of accounts and ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget
- Owns all outcomes; effectively prioritizes efforts to focus on delivering on the most important things
- Plans, manages and executes Paid Search/Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns, including but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, and management
- Audits, reviews and analyzes reports, lead optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives and performance
- Assist Account Supervisor & Channel Owners with communications around paid search knowledge, and recommendations to develop and deliver a clear strategic vision
- Monitoring of keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics for assigned ventures.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance to venture goals.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
- Functionally Manage a team of Paid Marketing Analysts located in Paris, Cairo, Abidjan and Casablanca.
- Leads by example and acts as a mentor for the more junior team members
- Acts as a point of contact for Paid Search initiatives and is responsive to all client requests and inquiries
- Explores opportunities and facilitates campaigns through all SEM Channels with particular emphasis on innovative initiatives.
- Contributes to continuous improvement by proactively assessing SEM practices and methodology
- Works collaboratively to translate strategic vision into tactical solutions and results
- Consistently looks for ways to improve current processes or introduce new approaches that will contribute to Jumia’s success
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Paid Search (PPC) (3+ years) – e-commerce or travel background preferred.
- Experience in managing large scale, complex paid search/PPC campaigns and strategies.
- Mastery of MS Excel. Google Apps + Google Apps Script is a plus.
- Technical understanding of digital performance marketing i.e. bought, owned and earned products and services such as Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Management and Display Marketing.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed orientation and project management ability.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with popular PPC ad platforms (AdWords, Yahoo, Bing).
- Google Certified (Fundamentals), Analytics and Adword is a big plus.
- Data Science & Machine Learning experience / formation / side projects is a plus but not required.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders