A Chief Engineer will manage the Engineering Team to efficiently maintain all hotel operations such that safety, security, conversation, and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
What will I be doing?
- Lead the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operation of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team - Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property.
- Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
- Manage all Team Member related activities, including recruitment, performance management, training, career planning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation Qualifications.
The right candidate should have:
- At least 7+ Years of experience in a similar capacity
- Previous experience of facilities management
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Must be fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
- Positive attitude - Good communication skills- Ability to work under pressure What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts