Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is looking to hire a Recruiting Operations Coordinator, to join our Nairobi, Lagos or Kampala offices. We’ve recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,400 Andelans globally, and plan to reach double that size by of 2020 - the Engineering Recruiting team will drive much of that growth. You will collaborate heavily with the Engineering Recruiting team and department stakeholders across Africa to efficiently and effectively complete all the Engineering Recruiting operations processes including our interview engine, Offer letter / Contracts sending, vendor management, conducting research and market mapping as well as initiating background screening.
- Preparing contracts and issuing non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) as well as consent letters to all Senior Developer / Software Engineer hires;
- Driving interview scheduling and solving to iterate and automate processes hires;
- Coordinating the background check processes for all Senior Developer / Software Engineer hires;
- Ensuring that candidate experience feedback forms are sent and feedback received is actioned in a timely manner;
- Working closely with the Technical Recruiting Manager on the Analysis of the responses from hiring manager and candidate experience;
- Effectively managing routine tasks and fast tracking transactions;
- Ensuring all vendor contracts are maintained in line with Andela Policies;
- Coordinating quarterly vendor meetings;
- Constantly updating the Senior Operations partner on arising vendor issues;
- Coordinating payment of invoices by finance by confirming the invoices received.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role should have:
- Experience in coordination and/or project management
- Experience in technology companies or staffing environments, exposure specifically to technology recruiting would be a bonus;
- The ability and desire to innovate and “think-outside-the-box” to constantly seek to improve the overall division and Andela while operating in an environment of constant change;
- Knowledge of recruiting functions and experience managing projects/initiatives would be preferred;
- Strong time-management skills and ideally across gSuite;
- A passion to optimise/empower a recruiting function through problem solving, coordination and seeking to find solutions and positively impact the Engineering Recruiting team;
- The ability to work independently, with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status