Merchandiser and Pricing Manager -Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey! What's this job all about? The Merchandiser & Pricing Manager plays a key and vital role within the company across his/her dual functions of leading and owning the website’s front-end and defining customer’s experience across all touchpoints (website, mobile and app).
This person also leads pricing analytics to ensure that Jumia does have the best prices and makes the right investments to drive price leadership. The Merchandiser & Pricing Manager will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the ensuring that our merchandising represents the right assortment for the customer and that we have the best prices for our products.
The main challenges are described as below:
Merchandiser Role entails:
- Owning the website front-end from A-Z, with a strong eye for details - everything on the website is your responsibility
- Driving the optimization of overall Conversion Rate and key Onsite KPIs across all devices and Onsite channels - desktop, mobile and app
- Working with teams (Design, Marketing, Operations, etc.) across the company to coordinate, evaluate and implement onsite requests
- Monitoring, analyzing, optimizing and reporting on performance of products, categories and campaigns to generate key learnings and actionable recommendations, to maximize future results and drive business performance
- Being a source of innovative ideas for onsite optimization, keeping up to date with new ecommerce ideas and innovations to implement on Jumia
- Participating in weekly campaign planning to monitor for efficient merchandising, including: challenging product assortment and reviewing catalog structure & navigation, to optimize user experience and drive sales
Pricing Manager Role entails:
- Owning pricing analytics, at a category-level, to drive insights and actions for the Commercial Team
- Reviewing price trends over time across Jumia / Online Competition / Offline Competition, to identify and flag actions to commercial team
- Developing Jumia KE pricing strategy by category / event type, to serve as clear guidance for commercial team and support negotiations
- Incorporating insights from findings of pricing associates to drive pricing recommendations for Sales Teams on prices
- Developing price elasticity data and toolkit at a category-, sub-category and SKU-level to determine highest ROI for internal investments on price
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- Experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).